SCRATCH v5.0 and SCRATCH CINE v5.0 are released! SCRATCH owners with access can visit the Assimilate support site for detailed documentation on this release.
As of v5.0, SCRATCH and SCRATCH CINE are released as native 64-bit applications only and will NOT run on a 32-bit operating system. The target OS for v5.0 is Windows 7 64-bit (any edition). Be aware that NOT all graphics cards are fully functional with Windows 7. Assimilate urge you to plan your upgrade to v 5.0 and READ CAREFULLY the article on the support site for ‘SCRATCH v5.0 Drivers and Installation issues’. This covers NVIDIA graphics card support, downloading a suitable driver for Windows 7 and additional hardware issues you need to be aware of.
What is new in SCRATCH v5.0? Here is a just a teaser of the exciting tools now available and more fixes and workflow improvements are detailed on the support site.
- New 64 bit means more memory support and larger memory address space supported equals better support for 4k workflow and beyond!
- New RED Rocket support
- FAST playback of FULL resolution RED media!
- New Implementation of NVIDIA’s CUDA Technology*
- New Real time 32 bit Full Histogram*
- New Real time32 bit Waveform Monitor*
- New Real time32 bit Vector Scope*
- New XML Scripting capabilities
More information here:
Assimilate SCRATCH 5.0