Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stunning RAID results with SOHOTANK and ATTO R380 card...+820 MB/s

We did some testing in the shop today with new firmware on the ATTO R380 SAS card and the Stardom SOHOTANK ST8-U5 running Hitachi 2.0 TB drives. The results were some of the best I've ever seen in an 8-drive RAID 5.

Using a 16.0 GB sized file in 2048x1556 10-bit RGB format, the drive pushed 705 MB/s writes and 775 MB/s reads.

Further, using a 16.0 GB sized file in DVCProHD 1080i60 format, the drive pushed over 822 MB/s read speeds.

Results are nothing short of awesome for this price point. You can't get a faster RAID 5 for under $5000.

You can get your own Stardom SOHOTANK ST8-U5 with a free Apple iPad through the end of February.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

& you're selling them at a great price too! Truly awesome!

Anonymous said...

Can I use this with my Red camera and AJA Kona Lhe card?

Silverado said...

Yes--no problem with the LHe card. Just put that into slot 3.

TL

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Thanks after sharing. Like on all occasions, on the prosperous and right on objective!

Anonymous said...

Is this with the ATTO card in a 4x or 8x PCIe slot? I have a R380 running in a 4x slot at the moment. When I switch to 8x the best I can get off my loud 8 drive Raid 5 is 640/630.

Silverado said...

We've used the ATTO card in the x8 slots for the fastest performance...

Sid said...

Considering a test of the sata model to?